Diversity as a Topic
The concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies. It is the exploration
of these differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment. It is about understanding each other and moving beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the rich dimensions of diversity contained within each individual.
“Diversity is people from different background coming together to share their experiences and how they do stuff together” Mrs. Feldman ‘I think the assembly it was amazing the kids that were involved in the assembly did amazing, they were really bright to be up there, because I know is hard sometimes to be different when you in high school, and be up there and show their cultures”. “I am very proud of all of them and I think is so neat that I have the opportunity to know a lot of them” Mrs. Feldman said.
“I decided to be part of the assembly because my friends were there and I asked myself, why am I not there? That is why I decided to be part of it” Esmeralda ESL student said. When asking what your favorite part from the assembly was, “OMG I can’t really tell, everything was perfect putting together, I just like everything, all the performances and how they put a lot of work into it, it was just great”.
“I wanted to be part of the assembly because I wanted to show the school my nation and where I came from and just feel how is to be on the stage in front of everybody” Karla said ESL student.
“When they student started preparing the assembly I did not want to be part of the assembly because in some school there is discrimination when talking about diversity, but here I feel good and at safe place, It makes me feel special, to be part of the assembly it means to represent my country” “we all were very good and did a great job, we hard very hard for this and the audience liked and is how we know we did a good job, they were having fun as we were when we were performing” Cesia Pena said, ESL Student.
To have a place to show the cultures it means a lot to the ESL Student it not only to show the school their traditions or where are they from it makes them feel at a safe place.
No comments:
Post a Comment